WHAT DOES STAR USA FEDERAL CREDIT UNION DO WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
WHY? Financial companies choose how they share your personal information. Federal law gives
consumers the right to limit some but not all sharing. Federal law also requires us to tell you how we
collect, share, and protect your personal information. Please read this notice carefully to understand
what we do.
WHAT? The types of personal information we collect and share depend on the product or service you have with us. This information can include:
- Social Security number and account balances
- Credit scores and income
- Payment history and transaction history
When you are no longer our member, we continue to share your information as described in this
HOW? All financial companies need to share members’ personal information to run their everyday business. In the section below, we list the reasons financial companies can share their members’ personal information; the reasons Star USA Federal Credit Union chooses to share; and whether
you can limit this sharing.
Reasons we can share your personal information Does Star USA FCU Share Can you limit this sharing
For our everyday business purposes – Yes No
such as to process your transactions, maintain your
account(s), respond to court orders and legal
investigations, or to report to credit bureaus
For our marketing purposes – Yes No
to offer our products and services to you
For joint marketing with other financial companies Yes No
For our affiliates’ everyday business purposes –
information about your transactions and experiences No We Don’t Share
For our affiliates’ everyday business purposes – No We Don’t Share
information about your creditworthiness
For nonaffiliates to market to you No We Don’t Share
What we do
How does Star USA Federal
Credit Union protect my personal information?
To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with federal law. These measures include computer
safeguards and secured files and buildings.
How does Star USA Federal Credit Union collect my personal information?
We collect your personal information, for example, when you
– open an account or pay your bills
– use your credit or debit card or give us your income information
– make deposits or withdrawals from your account
We also collect your personal information from others, such as credit bureaus, affiliates, or other companies.
Why can’t I limit all sharing?
Federal law gives you the right to limit only
– Sharing for affiliates’ everyday business purposes – information about your creditworthiness
– Affiliates from using your information to market to you
– Sharing for nonaffiliates to market to you
State law and individual companies may give you additional rights to limit sharing
Companies related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies.
– Star USA Federal Credit Union has no affiliates.
Companies not related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies.
– Star USA Federal Credit Union does not share with our nonaffiliates so they can market to you
A formal agreement between nonaffiliated financial companies that together market financial products or services to you.
– Our joint marketing partners include insurance companies, Credit Union Card Association and Elan Financial Services..
Questions – Call toll-free 800-628-2120 or go to www.star.coop